Social selling is the use of social media and digital platforms to build relationships with prospects and customers. Social selling empowers salespeople to connect directly with their buyers, listen to what they have to say, and respond accordingly in real time. It is a new way of engaging customers that allows sellers to develop meaningful relationships with them based on trust and authenticity. By using these tools effectively, salespeople can achieve those goals while also helping their companies grow revenue faster than ever before.
What is Social Selling?
Social selling is the process of using social media to build relationships with prospective customers, and then converting those connections into sales. Social selling allows you to reach out to people who may not know about your company or have never heard of you before. This can be useful if you want to reach out to potential customers who are not currently aware of what you have to offer them.
What Are the Benefits of Social Selling, and Why Should Companies Pay Attention to It?
Social selling is a great way to find new prospects and engage with your existing customers. Here are some of the benefits:
- Social media helps you find prospects. You can use content on social media to attract prospective customers by targeting them through keyword searches or by promoting content that speaks directly to their needs. Social media also allows you to engage with influencers in your industry, who may recommend your products or services as part of their own marketing campaigns.
- Social media helps build relationships with existing customers. By engaging with existing clients on social platforms, you’re able to keep tabs on them as they move through the sales funnel—and when they’re ready for more information about what you have to offer, it’s easy for them to reach out and ask questions!
- Social media can help track your sales funnel from start (awareness) all the way through closing (conversion). You can see which posts resonate best based on engagement metrics like comments, likes, shares and retweets; then determine which ones should be duplicated again in order bring additional traffic back through the funnel cycle again–and again!
How to Effectively Engage with Prospective Customers Online
Social media is a great way to engage with prospective customers and existing ones. It’s also an effective way to engage with industry influencers, employees, partners and vendors.
When you use social media as part of your prospecting strategy, it’s important to understand the difference between engaging and selling:
- Engage: This is where you provide value without asking for anything in return (usually). You’re just connecting with people. You can do this by answering questions or sharing helpful information that will be useful for people who follow you on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Sell: This is where you directly ask someone if they need help or want more information about your product/service/program/event etc., using social media as one of many ways to reach out to them (e-mail, direct mail etc.).
6 Steps to Mastering Social Selling
- Create a Social Media Strategy
- Choose the Right Social Media Channels
- Set Goals for Each Channel
- Monitor and Measure Your Results
- Use Social Selling Tools to Automate Your Sales Process
- Engage with Influencers and Build Relationships with Customers
It is possible to use social media as another tool in your sales cycle.
Social media is a great tool for engaging with prospects and generating leads. The potential to build relationships with your customers through social media, as well as demonstrate your expertise in the field, should not be overlooked.
It is possible to use social media as another tool in your sales cycle. By using this medium effectively and strategically, you can connect directly with the people who are most likely to buy from you.
Social selling is a new approach to sales that combines the power of social media with traditional networking. It has many benefits and can help you reach more customers, but it also requires a lot of work. The good news is that there are plenty of tools out there to help you make the most of this strategy. For example, SpociaEpoch provides innovative and technology-led social selling solutions for businesses. Businesses can easily rely on these Martech and Salestech tools to improve their business growth and bottom lines.
In this article, we’ve laid out nine steps for mastering social selling—and if you follow them carefully then we believe you will be well on your way toward success!